There’s a huge pumpkin in our kitchen grown in our very own Kitchen Garden. We thought we’d let the students have some fun by writing a story, a poem, making a diorama or drawing a picture about our Stanmore Pumpkin.
Our resident author and library assistant, Ms Deb Abela, has some ideas to help with their creation.
- There is something special about this pumpkin. What is it?
- How did the pumpkin make it into the Stanmore kitchen?
- What if the pumpkin were stolen? Who did it and why? Was it an alien? A hungry chicken? A giant?
- What if the pumpkin came to life? What happened next?
Or students can come up with their own original idea for a story. Make it funny, sad, scary, action-packed. The choice is theirs!
- Maximum length: 200 words
- All entries in by Monday, March 30
- Bring entries to the library and put them in the orange box
Entries will be displayed in the kitchen and the library.