Google Classroom makes teaching more productive and meaningful by streamlining assignments, boosting collaboration, and fostering communication. Educators can create classes, distribute assignments, send feedback, and see everything in one place. Classroom also seamlessly integrates with other Google tools like Google Docs and Drive.
- Easy setup—Teachers can set up a class, invite students and co-teachers. On the Classwork page, they can share information—assignments, questions, and materials.
- Saves time and paper—Teachers can create classes, distribute assignments, communicate, and stay organised, all in one place.
- Better organisation—Students can see assignments on the To-do page, in the class stream, or on the class calendar. All class materials are automatically filed into Google Drive folders.
- Enhanced communication and feedback—Teachers can create assignments, send announcements, and instantly start class discussions. Students can share resources with each other and interact in the class stream or by email. Teachers can also quickly see who has or hasn’t completed the work, and give direct, real-time feedback and grades.
- Works with apps you use—Classroom works with Google Docs, Calendar, Gmail, Drive, and Forms.
- Affordable and secure—Classroom is free for schools, nonprofits, and individuals. Classroom contains no ads and never uses your content or student data for advertising purposes.
- Click on the settings cog at the top right to find the class code. Click on the tiny triangle next to the code to “Display.”
- Click the plus icon in the upper right hand corner and enter the join code.
- Click the Classwork tab and look for assignments that have a dark icon. Those are not done.
- Click on the assignment stripe to expand out a preview of the assignment.
- Students should be in the habit of clicking on “View Assignment” to see any work that is attached or to add work to the assignment.
- Students click the blue button to submit. The blue button will either say “Mark as Done” or “Turn In.”
- Click the “View Your Work” link at the top of the Classwork page to see the status of your assignments and what you need to complete.