We had a great response to our Book Week competition – Disguise the Gingerbread Man as a book character. The entries reflected the wide range of books our students are loving to read and show their enthusiasm for books and reading. Congratulations to all who entered.
The Gingerbread men are all displayed in the library and the students have a look each time they come to library.
The winners of the book vouchers for Better Read Than Dead bookstore in Newtown were;
- Matilda P. KR – Princess in Black
- June D. 1W – Hermoine from Harry Potter
- Pelayo M. 2V – Mr Twit
- Peter M. 3G – Peter Pan
- Archie C.-F. 4P – one of the Three Little Pigs
- Vincent M. 5T – Artemis Fowl
- Amber S. 6L – Smaug from The Hobbit
Book prizes for creativity were given to;
- Emily B. in 4P, for an amazing collage of Hermoine
- Max M. in 2B, for the covid safe gingerbread man complete with mask and mobile phone to scan the QR code
- Lucia A. in KM, for the 3D robot designed by Rosie Revere, Engineer
Our thanks also go to local community member Kaye Lowe who again donated a book voucher to purchase these lovely books for the library this year for the children at SPS.